For my journal entry today, I will be sharing my thoughts on Randy Pausch lecture entitled, "Last Lecture." Randy Pausch was able to achieve many of his childhood dreams because he had a positive attitude and a growth mindset. He didn't look as failure as the end of his dream just as a learning experience. Looking back at my childhood, I feel like a grew up with a fixed mindset. I would let failures defeat me and not motivate me to improve and learn. It is maybe sad to say I didn't have any major defining life dreams as a child to young adulthood. I guess my dream was good grades in school and go to college, get married and have a family. But to answer the question do you feel dreaming is important? The answer is yes. I feel like dreaming is important and wish that I would have done more of it when I was younger. To be honest i am actually living my dream of being married and having a family. I feel truly blessed for it. I have a new dream now, and my dream is to own my own photography business. I believe that I can achieve this goal by finishing my education from BYU -I and continue improving my photography skills. I know that this goal is not too far away because I have already being doing photoshoots for families and making a little money on the side. I am hopeful and look forward to the future as I take steps in the right direction. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog